Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What Should I Do Starting Today?

If I'm going to have a blog to share what I'm pondering about, I really should post to it more often. So one of the things I should do starting today is to take time to write down what I'm thinking about. Doing so may help me determine what's important for me to do and then do it.

In some respects I've had a difficult year. A heart attack and colon cancer along with months in the hospital took up much of my time, thoughts, and emotions. When I was in the hospital I didn't even get to see or spend much time with my wife, which was hard on both of us since we are still very much in love after ten years of marriage.

 I have regained some of my strength. I don't have to be on my ventilator all the time. Some days are better than others in that regard.

For many years I enjoyed earning money as an independent AVON representative. But that involved going around town in my wheelchair to deliver catalogs and then the orders when they came in. Doing that is out of the question any more. Sales had slowed down considerably even before I got sick, so I'd already decided to forgo selling AVON the way I had been, since the cost of catalogs and other supplies would likely exceed the revenue from sales.

Blogging is something I can do almost any day, regardless of the weather. I have other blogs, and I can post to them as well. I might even be able to place ads and earn a bit from them.

OK, I guess I'll hit the publish button and go read my wife's blog since she just let me know her post today is ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment