Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Whatever We Do

Colossians 3:17

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (NIV) Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica

When we do something in the name of somebody else it certainly should be what that other person wants us to do.

I'm also inclined to think that how I say or do something will matter to the person in whose name I act.

Am I sloppy or haphazard in my endeavors and what I communicate?

Take for example this blog. This is only the second post, and only the first for this month. I could make excuses. Or I could ponder about it.

My thinking is that I should either do this blog with the kind of effort that doing it for the Lord Jesus should warrant. Or I shouldn't bother with it.

The same should go for other things, such the work that I do to earn some extra money. If I'm going to work I should do it as best I can, since even that should be done in the name of the Lord Jesus.

And of course I should seek to be the best husband I can be to my wife. Therefore I'll stop writing and go have supper with her.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, John. What good reminder to honor God in all things. Thank you, brother.

    ReplyDelete