Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Few Little Things I'm Thankful For Today

Today, like most days, I had lunch with my wife. Because we're in the middle of a heat wave with high humidity and temperatures in the 90's we did not have our lunch in Boston. We had it at home in our apartment.

It was a tasty lunch. We both had some tasty red grapes, chilled from being in the refrigerator. We also shared a peach I'd sliced up.

Her salad also included small chunks of sharp cheese, pieces of dried apricots, a sprinkle of sunflower kernels, and was topped off with a drizzle of ranch salad dressing.

The main part of my lunch was a little less exotic, but still quite healthy. I had my favorite lunch meal, natural peanut butter and grape jelly on hearty rye bread. (I also like strawberry jam but not at the same time as grape.)

Nothing fancy. But healthy and tasty, for which I'm thankful. I'm also thankful for the people on farms, in trucks, and stores who made it possible for us to have such a nice variety of good food to enjoy.

Thank You, Lord, for making food and making it available to us.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny what we take for granted and then very sweetly, God opens our eyes to the "little things" He's done that make our lives so enjoyable. I love your ability to enjoy every morsal of God's blessings.
    Godspeed to you, Brother.

    ReplyDelete