Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Doing Something Useful With His Own Hands

Eph 4:28  He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.
      New International Version (NIV)    Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica

   Even though I depend on ventilators all night and a good part of the day, have only partial use of my arms and no practical use of my legs, I still like to try to earn some money to  pay the bills and give to those in need.

   That is why you will find an Amazon Kindle(TM) page on this blog. Once in a while somebody who comes across this blog might check out that page and order something which would earn me a small commission. A little here and a little there can add up.

   I also have been a catalog salesman, since that suited my physical abilities. I could leave catalogs on people's doorsteps in the good weather and people could call me on the phone if they wanted to order something.

  There are those who want millionaires to simply hand over thousands and tens of thousands of dollars to people who don't have as much as they wish they had. I don't usually hear about what the recipients of that money offer to do in in return for the generous "gifts" they demand from the rich folks.

  The passage quoted above says that people who can work at something should work at something. Even though I'm limited in what I can do, I try to find something I can do, even when catalog sales diminish due to the economy and other changing circumstances.

  In this blog from time to time I may share some of the ways I try to earn a bit of extra money. But I will try to only share ideas that will only help people make money, even if just a modest amount, and not risk losing money.

OK, that's all I have time to write today. I need to go read what my wife posted on her blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment